Coordinator, Department of Economic
Name: Dr Michael Akpovbera Onodje
Designation/Rank: Senior Lecturer
- Deputy Director and Head, Accounts and Finance Department, National Centre for Economic Management and Administration (NCEMA), Ibadan, Nigeria: 1999-2004
- Director, Economic Management, Learning and Development, CMD, Lagos. Nigeria: 2015- 2018
- Acting Head of Department (HoD), Department of Economics, Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State, Nigeria: 2019 to Date.
Nature of Employment: Full Time
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: 08054597905 and 08130149837
- Facebook: https//:www.facebook.com/michael.onodje
Faculty and Course
- Faculty: Humanities, Social and Management Sciences
- Department: Economics
- Programme: Teaching, Research and Administration
- Unit: Office of Head of Department (HoD)
Dr Onodje is an economist, chartered accountant and management education specialist. Until joining ECU in 2019, he was a retired director of economic management, learning and development at the Centre for Management Development (CMD), Lagos, a federal government of Nigeria management training and development agency. He is, among others, an alumnus of the London Management Centre (LMC), London and the China Institute of Logistics, Beijing, China.
Degrees/Qualifications: B.Sc. , M.Sc., and PhD (Economics)
- B.Sc. Economics, University of Benin
- M.Sc. Economics, University of Ibadan
- PhD Economics, Lead City University, Ibadan
- Trained as a chartered accountant with the accounting firm of D. O. Dafinone and Co., Chartered Accountants, Broad Street, Lagos
Area of Specification: Finance and Development Economics
Experience: Over 30 years work experience in economic and management education, financial management, and general administration.
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (FCA) since 2000
Membership of Professional bodies
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) since 1992
- Nigerian Economic Society (NES)
- Accredited Trainer, Nigerian Council for Management Development (NCMD)
- Ecotourism Practitioners Association of Nigeria (ETPAN)
List of publications
- Onodje M. A. and Farayibi A. O. “Determinants of Manufacturing Growth in Nigeria.” Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 11, Issue 4, July-Aug. 2020, 36-44.
- Onodje M. A. and T. Osayintuyi. “The Role of Economic Growth and Inequality in Poverty Reduction in Nigeria.” African Journal of Sustainable Development, July, 2017, vol. 7, no. 2.
- Onodje M. A. “Social Dimensions to Sustainable Macroeconomic Stability in Nigeria” African Administrative Studies, Cafrad, 2013, no. 80: 105-120
- Onodje M. A. “Strengthening the Gains of Reform in the Nigerian Insurance Industry”. African Administrative Studies, Cafrad, 2011, no. 77: 47-62
- Onodje M. A. (2009), “Determination of Stock Price in the Nigerian Capital Market: A Revisit of the Efficient Market Debate”. Journal of Banking, The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria, 2009, vol. 3, no.1, June.