Coordinator, Mass Communication Department
Name: Dr Okpako Joe Omoshue
Designation/Rank: Lecturer II
(1) Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo (full-time 2017- date)
(2) College Education, Warri 1990-1992 (part-time)
(3) Ikanibian Polytechnic, Delta State ICE (Sapele ICE Branch) part-time: 1999-2002
(4) Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe, (Oproza Study Centre 2015-2016)
Nature of Employment: No 2- 4 part-time
- Email: email@example.com
- WhatsApp: 08037469808
Faculty and Course
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities, Social and Management Sciences
- Department: Department of Mass Communication
- Programme: BSc
Interested and involved in the following:
(a) Social and humanitarian activities
(b) Environmental sanitation
(d) Reading and research
- MA (Mass Com)
- PGD (Human Resource Management)
- BED (Curriculum Studies/ English)
- NCE (English/ CRS)
Education: PhD, MA, MSc, MEd, PGD, NCE,GCE
Areas of Specification: Development Communication & Public Relations, Human Resource Management, Curriculum/English, English/CRS.
Experience: 1990-Till date (30 years)
Awards/Honours: The Neatest Student in 2008/2009 Uniport Graduate Hostel Block B&C
Membership of Professional bodies: African Council for Communication Education Conference (ACCE), LCS Department Uniport Chapel
List of publications
- Omoshue & Asadu (2016) Maintaining Healthy and Sustainable Environment through Communication Campaigns. In Ebenezer O. Soola, Aniefiok J. Udoudo & Christopher I. Ochonogor (Eds). Issues and Trends in Environmental Communication. Ibadan, Kraft Books.
- Omoshue & Okpako (2018), Media Ethics and Organisational Profit Drive: The Dilemma of the Journalist. In Aniefiok J. Udoudo & Christopher I. Ochonogor (Eds). Integrity in News Reporting: A Reader. Port Harcourt.
- Omoshue & Irohan (2012), Using Government Public Relations as Crisis Management Tool among the Urhobo, Ijaw and Itsekiri in Warri, Delta State. Journal of Linguistics and Communication Studies (JOLINCS) 2/1. A Publication of the Department of Linguistics and communication Studies, Faculty of Humanities, University of Port Harcourt, P.M.B. 5323, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
- Ihejirika, Omego & Omoshue (2016), Government Communication Strategies for Mobilizing the Urban Citizen for Sanitation in Delta State. The Crab Journal of Theatre & media Arts X1.A Journal of the Department of Theatre Arts, University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Omoshue, Ejeku & Okpako (2017) Creating Enduring Aware about the Evil of Child Labour: Future of the Global Child. Ikogho: A Multi-disciplinary Journal 17/1)